SHORT TERM LOANS EXPLAINED
Short Term loans are essentially a short term solution when your cash flow doesn't meet your immediate needs. Short Term loans or cash advances are suitable for all kinds of people who need to finance something quickly, but they are not suitable for long term finance solutions. If unexpected expenses arise then short term loans are ideal. They are often approved and paid very quickly by simply filling in an online form with basic details. As these loans are generally provided on trust. As trust levels increases, more can be borrowed.
Our lenders understand there can be times when you are unable to repay your loan in full when it is due. If you find yourself in this situation the lenders will normally consider giving you an extension of the loan. However, before they do they will need to assess whether offering an extension will adversely affect your financial situation. The loan will not be automatically renewed unless specifically stipulated by the lender. You will need to discuss this with your lender as soon as you are aware that you will not be able to repay the loan. If they agree to roll your loan over, you will typically only be required to repay the interest. The original amount borrowed will be 'rolled over' into a new loan which you will need to repay when you next get paid. Extensions, partial payment and early payoff requests must normally be received at least three working days before you are due to repay the loan.
As a condition of extending credit, some lenders you may be matched with will run a credit check from a major credit reporting bureau. Please be aware that in some cases of non/late payment you may be reported to a credit rating agency which could negatively affect your credit score/rating. Our lenders understand there can be times when you are unable to repay your loan in full when it is due. If you find yourself in this situation the lenders will normally consider giving you an extension of the loan. However, before they do they will need to assess whether offering an extension will adversely affect your financial situation.
Depending on the lender we match you with, should you fail to make the repayment within 24 hours of its due date you will normally be charged a set amount to be added to your account. Other charges may be applicable to this agreement depending on the lender. To find out more about the charges due to late/non payment, see 'I am unable to replay my loan'.
In November 2012, the Office of Fair Trading updated their Debt Collection guidelines. It is important that you know that companies cannot force you to repay more than you can comfortably afford each month and if you make a reduced payment, companies should not refuse it. For the full guidelines visit here
Here at 5MinuteMoney we aim to provide customers with a clear understanding of the products they are applying for, and of the services we provide. 5MinuteMoney is an online loans broker and will attemnpt to match your application with one of a panel of lenders, aiming to give you a better chance of being accepted for the loan you require. We do not charge you any fee's for this service, however we may receive a fee from the lenders or brokers we introduce you to.
How to choose safely
All lenders within our ping tree are sourced from reputable companies however we cannot vouch for every potential lender we offer our customers. Before you make your decision to take a lenders offer, please ensure that their company, company registration and physical address is clearly illustrated at the bottom of the site.
Take a serious look at your incomings and outgoings over the next month before applying for a Short Term loan. If you can't afford one, it could end up being far more expensive then you first thought. Remember what you borrow this month will need to be paid back the next so make sure you do not enter a cycle of Short Term Loans.
It's entirely possible that you'll be expected to pay an extra charge if you miss a payment. It's almost certain that you'll need to pay further interest on the amount you already owe. This is further interest on the entire loan amount owed to that point, not just the original amount you borrowed. We always recommend repaying on time.
If you find that you are repeatedly taking out Short Term loans (especially if you are constantly increasing the amounts), then you may be misusing them. Please consider independent advice and taking a serious look at your budget. There are companies who specialise in Short Term Loan debt solutions but please contact us if you need help.
Where to get advice
You can get advice by going to the Citizens Advice Bureau, or the Government debt advice site. You can also go to an independent debt advice charity. None of these should charge you for debt advice or even to help you set up payment plans if necessary.
Implications of Late Payment: Depending on the lender we match you with, should you fail to make the repayment within 24 hours of its due date you will be charged a set amountto be added to your account. Other charges may be applicable to this agreement depending on the lender but below are some of the scenarios we have seen in the past.
- 1. The Lender writes to you, due to a failed repayment of your loan on the date specified above, at £10.00 per time.
- 2. The Lender makes, or attempt to make, contact with you by telephone or text message regarding the failed repayment of your Loan, at £5 per time.
- 3. The Lendere-mail you regarding the failed repayment of your Loan, at £5 per time.
- 4. The Lender mayreserve the right to make a daily charge of £1 for any unsuccessful Debit Card attempts to take a payment that is overdue.
- 5. You change address without notifying us accordingly, a tracing fee up to a maximum of £50 may be applied to cover our expenses.
Implications of Non Payment: Should your account continuously remain non-paid then:
- 1. The Lender may issue a Default Notice due to continued non-payment, at no extra cost.
- 2. The Lender may apply for a County Court Judgment via Money Claim on Line as part of our collection process.
- 3. In taking steps to enforce, or attempting to enforce, our rights under this Loan agreement, any other reasonable costs incurred by the Lender. Interest will be charged at the rate detailed in the terms and conditions both before and after any Court Judgment, from the date payment is due until the date that payment is made in full.
- 4. The lender may request enforcement of any County Court Judgment, in the form of an Attachment of Earnings Order or Warrant of Executions, all court costs will be added to the total amount repayable.